Please browse some of the testimonials below:
- "Birgit completed an English-German translation of text for us which we are using for a PowerPoint slideshow to be shown to foreign language groups who visit the centre. The work was completed by Birgit to a high standard and within the deadline. Communication from Birgit was always efficient, emails were answered very promptly. I would have no hesitation in recommending Birgit as a translator."
Holly Newton, The Jane Austen Centre, Bath Continue Reading →
- "We were very satisfied with the quality of Thandi’s work. She was reliable and responsible both in her work and in dealings with her colleagues. We would highly recommend her services. We’re convinced that Thandi would be a valuable asset to your organisation."
Edo Huygens, Oxfam-Solidarité Continue Reading →
- "Birgit’s gifts as a French speaker were particularly in evidence when a high-level English delegation visited the Vendée area of France as the guests of the departmental government. Birgit was the essential linguistic bridge at formal meetings and showed outstanding skill and flair in providing not only unobtrusive, rapid and accurate translation in two languages, but an approach which quietly supported the positive mood of the meetings as a whole."
Tom Mayberry, MBE, Chief Executive, The South West Heritage Trust Continue Reading →
- "I had a new job in which I was required to go out to Germany on a regular basis. Although I had previously lived in Germany, I was in need of a refresher course - and a tutor. I was very fortunate to find Thandi – she is passionate about the German language, loves to teach it and is sensitive to the requirements and abilities of the student. I would recommend her to anyone wanting to learn, or improve, their German."
Ian Collier-Webb Continue Reading →
- "Having collaborated with Evident Language since 2016, we can no longer imagine how we would do our work without their support: Thandi and Birgit improve our English output every day through individual language training and their superb copy-editing of our publications. We highly value Thandi and Birgit’s absolute reliability, their willingness to take on difficult jobs, and their attention to detail, even when requests are made at the last minute. We especially appreciate their familiarity with social science jargon, and their commitment to understanding the specific terminology and ideas of the Multiple Secularities project. Whenever we get a text back from Evident Language, we can be sure that it will not only be of a very good stylistic quality – particularly because they use their ‘four-eyes principle’ – but that they will also have identified all errors of logic and made suggestions for improvement (or have asked the right questions, which is sometimes even more difficult). Working with Thandi and Birgit is like working with very clever and very constructive friends."
Judith Zimmermann, Research Coordinator, Kolleg-Forschungsgruppe “Multiple Secularities – Beyond the West, Beyond Modernities”, University of Leipzig Continue Reading →
- "Part of my role as acting Head of Academic and Student Services at the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) is to maintain the department’s website, both in German and English.
Evident Language has worked closely with the TUHH since 2013, translating both the Academic and Student Services website and numerous university regulations into English. In view of the extent and broad scope of the texts Evident Language has worked on for the TUHH, I can confidently confirm the high quality of their academic translation and copy-editing.
I would like to emphasise how professionally Evident Language operates, including when tasked with tight deadlines or extensive projects. The TUHH needs a translation firm that can handle complex legal and engineering texts. The Evident Language team not only have this expertise, they also work and communicate reliably and professionally.
I would therefore have no qualms in recommending Evident Language’s academic translation and copy-editing services."
Kirsten Petersen, Acting Head of Academic and Student Services, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) Continue Reading →
- "We have worked with Evident Language since 2013 and are so impressed by the quality and professionalism of the service they provide. Good communication is vital, particularly in our field of work, and Birgit and Thandi always ensure that our message comes across clearly. Evident Language regularly completes translations of our reports, press releases and marketing material, and has also provided language coaching ahead of conference presentations. Their expert guidance has given us the confidence to present Uplift’s work to an international English-speaking audience and so gain more support for our NGO. Our success in attracting further interest and additional donors is the ultimate testimony to their work for us."
Maren Ernst, Chair of Uplift-Aufwind Continue Reading →
- "My experience of learning German with Birgit has been superb. I am a big fan of using technology and open access resources to supplement my learning – such as apps, audiolessons, YouTube etc. However, the core of my learning has really been the high quality 1-2-1 lessons with Birgit. This has given me an academic shape to the process, but also has given me a really sharp focus on what aspects of my learning I should use tech to reinforce and accelerate. This combination has worked brilliantly, my progress has been really good and I feel as though I am moving through the process really quickly. I happily recommend Birgit to any prospective language learners!"
David Maloney, Tata Steel Europe Continue Reading →
- "As I wanted to ensure I could secure a top grade in my German A level, Birgit tutored me for several weeks ahead of the exams. While I am a German native speaker, I still greatly benefited from her help as her tutoring sessions were challenging and Birgit gave me constructive criticism on the work I submitted. She made sessions fun and personal, more like a conversation than a lesson. With Birgit’s help, I was able to achieve an A* at German A level. I would definitely recommend her tutoring services."
Jason Dierker, Student at the University of Warwick Continue Reading →
- "Birgit is an exceptional teacher: clear when both instructing and explaining, sensitive to students' needs and always prepared to be flexible in her approach. She was quick to assess what I wanted from a twice-monthly German lesson and has consistently provided relevant, accessible and interesting material for me to work on. Our lessons are a stimulating mix of linguistic investigation, and wide-ranging dialogue, during the course of which she instinctively tailors her spoken German to what she feels I can cope with: her language is always precise and constructively challenging."
Andrew Stephenson (Retired English teacher, formerly Wellington School, Somerset) Continue Reading →
- "When I met Birgit at a “Boost your German Day”, I decided there and then that she could greatly improve my conversational German - but I really did not expect to improve to the level I am at today. I have found Birgit’s conversation group really helpful and great fun, and the individual lessons we have had on Skype have motivated me and developed my German even more.
Birgit’s real gift to me has been to get me to think in German, and so speak naturally, without having to plan every word I say. She constantly shows me right from wrong in modern, everyday German, always with an encouraging smile. She also helps me speak freely when I am expressing some idea or other in German. My increasing fluency is a daily source of pleasure to me as I improve through books, television, radio, podcasts, magazines and, above all, really enjoyable conversations with Birgit. I would highly recommend her to enthusiasts like me."
Rod Smith, Insurance trainer, Intrinsik Training Ltd Continue Reading →